Monday, November 30, 2009

The Beast stood there, wearing a Tux

The title, as usual, does not have anything to do with the post, it is just whatever came to me at the moment. Well, it was payday today, and with all things accounted for, I can pay rent and then some.

I went to the dentist, and the new dentist is probably only a year or so older than me, and has little interpersonal skills. It is obvious that he has had some "training" in how to deal with people better, but he lacked the ability to observe and pick up on subtle (and not so subtle) cues with individuals. He blathered on for 15 minutes about priorities and the backup of extraction, and making tough decisions, and more about priorities and talking about what the purpose of dentistry is (during all of which I couldn't get a word in edge-wise). I had to wait for him to leave before I quickly asked the nurse "so how many teeth need work, and how many in short time?", to which she replied "9 and only 3". There, that's all I was looking for.

Some docs really need to learn how to deal with individuals, not with "people". Learn 2 psychology noob.

I then went to the doctors office, where I talked to Dr. Lakhoo, who was a breath of fresh air comparatively. the appointment went along these lines:

Doc: hi, what do you want?
Me: this is what I want.
Doc: here you go.

Much better. So I got some blood testing underway, but it could take 2 weeks to receive the results. Big Money, Big Money, No Whammies, No Whammies!

That is all
- Andrew the Psyker


Current Music: "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter" by Iron Maiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment