Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grunt.

Bloggins

Well, yesterday was a long day, and not that great - work-wise. lots of stuff is constantly changing, so I don't have any idea where anything is, and I can't help customers find stuff. Our stuff is constantly changing, including layout, shift changes, shift times, other junk.

One interesting note is that I will now be working the last hour of my shift (between 10 and 11) by myself. This is for... well... no good reason other than to change for changes sake. This is ironic, since sooooooo much of the stupidity at work revolves around conforming to various regulations from one subject to another. And yet, this new change goes completely against WCB regulations on late night workers (who need a second person on from the hours of 10pm to 6am).

The stupidity of other regulations can be seen in this: I am not allowed to wear shorts - because I might pump gas - even though the station is not full serve - and I do not pump gas for customers - since I am a cashier - but I could possibly pump gas - and those who may somehow pump gas cannot wear shorts - because.... um.... that parts never well defined. Apparently shorts will cause explosions or something.

This "grants law" thing has not always been good in my opinion (prepaying for fuel causing a lot more strife with customers than anything else), and at Copperside 2 I did not care so much. Copperside 3 however, right next to harlem, should always have 2 people on in my opinion, just by common sense. Especially during the peak hour for drunken idiots.

Yep.

I have coffee, so I am good right now. I suppose that's all for now, talk to you laters.
- Andrew fellow

No comments:

Post a Comment