Sunday, July 18, 2010

Okay, cool.

Okay, cool. I am kinda tipsy drunk.

Yes, that's right, I am tipsy drunk. I will attempt to spell correctly in my assertion of the evenings events. Well, I worked a long shift, in which i had to continue to teach a new coworker how to job. This did not go well, as she is slow on the uptake, and well.... she is not smart. This is unfortunate, as she is rather nice to the customers, and I think she would be a good addition to the team... if she can be left alone for more than 5 minutes.

Anywho, I was getting to the drunk part. I went to the Spirit after work to wish Alice a happy birthday and possibly dance. I did not dance, as my ankle and neck were hurt from various dancing and headbanging (respectively) during the prior evening. I did dispense hugs in good quality and quantity.

So I ended up having 2 beers at the place, and a shot of tequila. Then I eventually decided that sleep and recuperation were superior to auditory damage. I then began to mosey home, and upon venturing down my street, I was hailed by a neighbor. This neighbor said hello, and suggested I join him for a refreshing beer. I know him from work, so I decided to acquiesce to his proposition, as his recompense to delaying my homeward trek was in the form of alcoholic beverage. I ended up "chilling" in his house/shed/treehouse (groundhouse) while enjoying antiquated music and refreshing drinks. I found out that he was in fact a poet, and very oddly, a good one. He also seemed to display traits of the pseudo-paranoid archetypal leftist, but seeing as how this is rural northern BC, its usually either that or rednecks.

I then decided to venture home, and bid my farewell, thus getting home to watch space operas and draw space ships. And of course write this strangely worded blog. All in all - 5 beers, and a shot of tequila for taste - what a fine recipe.

Sincerely yours
- Lord Admiral Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment