Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back in time

I kind of wonder if anybody still reads this. Hopefully.

Last night, and Indeed, all of yesterday was quite awesome. It started with numerous tramping around town in the morning, timmys coffee, getting a good movie, watching a movie, and generally recovering from working. Then, Allison and I went to lakelse lake, the picnic area, and swam across the creek to the gruchies area. I got to see a trout, some golf balls in the water, and a freshwater clam. As it happened, Allison was too tired to swim back across the stream (its a big and deep stream, being about 200' wide where its good to cross), so she hopped on my back and I swam us back (Sea Panda to the rescue!). Then I made her a wonderful meal of KD, and the peasants rejoiced.

Later I went to boffer, which proved to be very good. At the beginning, I ended up taking victories in good number, at one point being myself and one other against 8 people, and unfortunately - we won. This was unfortunate, as I was a team captain, and could not be traded out, so the next battle was myself versus 9 people. I almost won. :)

It went quite well overall. I had lots of fun, worked well with the other bofferers, and eventually I got completely beat to crap. I had to take glorious vengeance a few times for slights against me in previous rounds, including, but not limited to: the god-damned dagger thrower, and the speedy guy named Devon. they cost me many a life, so I had to take such vengeful measures. It was fun overall, and i think everybody had a good time. My wounds were limited to being clocked in the right leg a few times, and having some bruising in the soft tissue and maybe even bone, and I also got blisters on my hand and knuckles from wielding my shield so much. I took good advice and bought some frozen veggies on the way back, which served as a cold pack. Now, I will, for the fun of it, list the mighty warriors who took part in glorious combat yesterday.

Myself = the beast
Keith = our benefactor and foamsmith
Aaron = the energetic one
Matt = the punisher (and also an honourary "the beast")
Trenton = the beast in training
Zack = a new fellow, seemed to enjoy himself a lot
Devon = the speedy one, also a blackbelt in jujitsu
Myles = a foamsmith as well, strong fellow
Amanda = a sneaky and good fighter
Trevor = the pirate
Kyla = the rogue
Kelly = the surprisingly-adept-at-dagger-throwing lady

I believe that was all that were there. It was a good day.
- The Beast

1 comment: