Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My my, look at the time.

Well, it has been a long time since my Last update, and A lot of thing happened. So many things happened that I was trying to make mental lists in my head of all the events, but I am bad with this memory thing sometimes, so Here is a quick annotated list.

1) Had a night of the living crazies: 4 incidents of crazy, deranged, swearing, meanie peoples in one night. it was a welfare Wednesday, so I guess that's why. One even verbally assaulted and nearly attacked our security lady - Lucy.

2) Lucy came by work and gave me a bonus on behalf of her and the bosses for fending off the crazies expertly (especially the one who was about to go after Lucy).

3) I finally went on a Canoe trip! it was a full day of boating on Lakelse lake with Allison. It was awesome, and I do like it, but I feel I must note (in a pseudo British wit that borders on morbid) that although it was very fun, it also nearly ended in terrible disaster. We began with a very light breeze which I plotted a course that would use the wind to push us back on the final length. This course took us across the lake to look at cool cabins and the like (still have not found the party boat). However, before we turned back for camp, the wind changed and blew up, forcing us to paddle against the wind in increasing waves, across the middle of the lake. Yep. I have diligently informed Allison that, should I ever suggest crossing the middle of the lake again, she is allowed to slap me - with one of the canoe paddles. Thankfully, Allison enjoyed the trip muchly, but fails to see the humour in my old-salt-mannerism of reflecting on the trip.. "Oh yeah, very fun, nearly died, but still fun."

4) a bunch of other stuff happened. I can't quite remember what, but It was incredibly important.

5) I got to go swimming for the first time this summer. Unfortunately, it was at the pool, and some vagrant seems to have pilfered my swim goggles. on the plus side, since it was the pool, Allison was not made cold by certain un-temperate lake qualities. We also hit up the gym beforehand. It was very good. We also got to go to the falls gallery yesterday, although I must admit, I was in a positively powerful mood to do some swimming and diving, and the falls gallery is mostly small sitting pools. It was still fun, but it did not fulfill my aquatic-mammal requirements. Though it still was fun. Too much sun perhaps.....

6) I am so pale. I have not had mush sun or swimming this summer yet, This must be rectified.

7) I have been enjoying some good books and movies as of recent. Yesterday I watched Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Yep, very silly. Recently, I also watched Dead Snow (which is about zombie Nazis attacking skiers in the Swedish mountains) and Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter (Freaking Awesome. It is about Jesus and his helpers - such as Santo the Mexican wrestler - helping to save the Lesbians of Ottawa from a sect of vampires. Oh, and it's a musical). Another movie i watched recently was Planet Hulk - the story of how the incredible hulk was transported to another planet and became their benevolent emperor... sounds strange, but they make it work quite well. I also read a very good book - Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet. So very good, I suggest it to all peoples.

8) Boffer has been going well, though we had many rained-out days in the last little while. I hurt my ankle yesterday, but everything is still good.

9) Tonight is a Back to the Future party, which should be awesome. ^_^

10) I have been doing more work on the Seas of Iron thing (the thing with the WW2 looking boats), and in fact, I think that has been eating up all my writing focus for the last little while. I even started drawing some planes for it.

11) not much else now, but hopefully I will be able to do more usual updates, and not let it wait so long that I have a tough time remembering everything.

12) See you next time
- Andrew, from the FUTURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment