Friday, June 18, 2010

The Pandrews Kitchen: Indomie Instant Noodle

So here is a new idea I am trying out, basically a review of every persons favourite "I'm poor and influenced by Asia" meals - Noodles. I am sure other things will follow.



Indomie (or Indo Mie, not sure) Instant Noodles.

Price: 60 cents at the Northwest Specialty foods store.

Cooking: takes about 5 minutes, and is a little strange in its cooking sequence. Unlike the noodle king (Ichiban), you cook the noodles separate from the spices. The spices (Sweet soy sauce, Flavoured Oil, Chicken spice, and Chili powder) are opened and put on the plate or bowl, with the cooked noodle dropped onto it.

Well, it tastes really good, like really good. It isn't watered down like in a noddle soup, its very full flavoured, meaning probably a lot of MSG, but that's cool. although nowhere expressly stated on the package, I am sure its chicken flavoured (it is... instant... flavoured.... huh). One bad point is the quantity, you get very little for 60 cents, and although its really good, I think I would need multiple packs to have my hunger satisfied. I actually just had two in the last half hour, since they are so good.

The package is pretty standard, but as I said, does not anywhere tell what flavour it is, just that it is Instant. I did notice that it has a label of being Halal, which for those not in the knowledge, means that it is A-Okay for Muslims to eat, so that's pretty awesome. I think its honestly the first one I have seen like that.

Overall, its a good snack, or in multiples (perhaps 2 or 3) a good meal. I suggest trying it. That's all for this panda right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment