Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The "What The Fuck" Scale

Measured in Hard Alcohol shots.

I estimated last night to be about a 2. I had a little bit of insomnia, so I was not getting to sleep all that easily. I was beginning to drift off into sleep when I thought I heard a knock at the door. I did in fact hear a knock, so I got up and cautiously opened up the door, to see some drunk short cigarette-smoking woman loudly asking "what are you doing in my sons apartment?". She also tried to get herself in the apartment by shoving myself and the door aside, but that didn't work.

She continued to ask "what I was doing in her sons apartment" (while slurring). I actually did quite well for sleep deprived and annoyed. I calmly told her that she must be mistaken, as only myself and my room mate lived there, and she was neither my mother or my room mates. I think at this point logic slowly caught on. She looked at the door number, and back at me, and asked if this was the third floor. I told her it was the second, and she just walked away.

So that was strange, and rightly deserving of a 2 on the WTF Scale.

And then it bumped to 4. about 10 minutes later, while I was still contemplating what was going on, there is another knock at the door, and when I answer the door, it is her again, this time coated up, and beginning with the statement "I just forgot my.... oh... wrong apartment again."

Apparently she confused the second and third floors again. I'm not sure how drunk she was, but as many who have visited this apartment would attest, it would seem to be very hard to mix up the second and third floors (for numerous reasons).

So that was pretty odd.

- Andrew the Ogre


P.S. Happy belated valentines to everyone, and also Happy Chinese New Year

1 comment:

  1. Holy randomness! I think the most random thing I've had to deal with was when living in Burnaby. Room-mate was having a party and one of the drunk teenage boys wandered into my room topless. He was very sad when I informed him that "no, your shirt is not in here".

    ReplyDelete